Sunday, December 23, 2007

Introducing the "Awsome Dude"

As my blog name suggests, we're owned by a Thoroughbred officially titled Awsome Dude, aka Andy. His pedigree can be seen here: http://www.pedigreequery.com/awsome+dude That is the famous Secretariat right in the middle of his pedigree, his great-grandfather. Owning this big boy has been a learning experience and we've become pals for life.

Threads have been in my life since I was a young girl. I taught myself to embroider using stamped embroidery kits and the love of working with fabric and fibers is forever stamped in my heart. I began quilting and applique about 16 years ago. Putting threads and fabric together into a quilt for someone to love seems to be the perfect finish.

2 comments:

sophie said...

Yay! You did it!! Welcome to blogland ;-)

Susan said...

What a beautiful horse! Did you have horses before? I didn't realize you were new to blogging. Welcome! It is such fun to read our friends' blogs, and write our own. I love your quote in red at the bottom. You are so right!