Monday, May 26, 2008

My Favorite Things


Edelweiss

The Sound of Music

"And then I don't feel so bad."


"When the bee stings"

"Silver white winters that melt into springs"

"Snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes."


"Girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes." by Sophie

"Wild geese that fly with the moon on their wings."

"Doorbells and sleighbells"

"Cream colored ponies"

"Brown paper packages tied up with strings"

"Crisp apple streudels" by Michelle

"Warm woolen mittens"

"Whiskers on Kittens"

"Raindrops on roses"







I've been discussing a swap I did about 4 years ago. I only know the names of the makers of two of the blocks. The theme I chose for my Birthday Blocks was based on the song, "My Favorite Things" from the film _The Sound of Music_. Each swapper chose a line from the song and designed a block to match. I haven't finished the additional blocks needed for a few of the lines because I wasn't able to find anymore of the background fabric. I have a lead on a few pieces now!

4 comments:

sophie said...

Those were great blocks. How nice to see them again.

AmyB said...

Wow, wow, wow! I remember when Sophie made the girls in white dresses, but I'd never seen any of the other blocks. One of my favorite movies, too!

Ginger said...

Those all go together so well, even stylistically. I hope you can find enough of the background fabric to finish the quilt. It is truly gorgeous.

Moira said...

I love the blocks you received in the swap. The finished quilt will be great when done. We need to get together sometime!

I just awarded you the "Kreativ Blog" award. Go see my at quiltedsnail.blogspot.com .

Moira