Sunday, February 17, 2008

Kitchen Window Meme
















My friend Sophie http://sophiejunction.blogspot.com has a blogspot that always interests and inspires me. She recently had a post sharing the view from her kitchen window that was linked from another blog http://www.lulusbay.blogspot.com. I found it so interesting to see the different views that I had to jump on this one! Lulu will bring it up again in the summer so we can see the view from the perspective of another season. My view is a work in progress. If you look hard, you'll see Miss Daisy in the top view with her front hooves up on her goat house. She's been trying to figure out how to get up on that house for months. We've offered her a plank, but she's not brave enough yet. Her pen and house are temporary, and once we've gotten our barn underway our backyard will once again become our own backyard. You'll also notice a temporary firepit, with temporary seating (planks!). We have materials set aside for a real firepit, and that is another project on hold while the more important barn goes up. I only photographed the view from two angles out my kitchen window, the third view would only give you an 8 foot high fence to see.

2 comments:

Lynda said...

My goodness, that view is different from anything else I have seen thus far. Talk about 'wide open spaces'! - My daughter walked past and saw your photo and ooohhhed and aaaahhhed about the trampoline, not much chance of having one of those here in Cairo, unless we put it on the roof. Cheers Lynda (you have been added to the blogroll)

sophie said...

I expected to see that 8 foot fence . . . I remember the day it went up outside while we sat at your dining table and sewed ;-)